Fuji 2007 v1.0

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Fuji 2007 v1.0

Fuji 2007 v1.0

By: Ethone
      Origin: Scratch | Real World
      Category: Permanent Circuits
      Initial release: 27-Oct-07
      Current release: 1.0, on 27-Oct-07

Built from scratch. This is not a conversion but built from the ground up, based on photos and some onboard footage. If you put your onboard footage online I more likely than not saw and used it as reference so my thanks go out to you. For the corner radii I used the official track map and the corner names which are conveniently named after their respective radius. The elevation was modelled after the afore mentioned onboard videos and educated guesses.

I put a lot of work (about three months worth) and nerves into this track, so I wondered if I should ask for donations to make up some of that time. But in the end it became clear to me that I'm not doing this for donations but because a) I like to get creative and b) to give people something to have fun with. If you want to say "thank you" and can afford it, please send me a postcard of your hometown. My adress is: Dennis Grebe Spittaler Straße 50 28359 Bremen Germany

You're in no way obliged to send a postcard, but if I got some postcards out of this project I'd be happy. :)

I had to make some design decisions concerning the fps the track would give and the time I had to put in. Initially, for example, I intended to model Mount Fuji in 3d, while now it is a purely two dimensional background image. For the trees I went with several "rows of trees", rather than more of the the diamond shaped trees to preserve performance. Other compromises include the surrounding mountains. I used a vaguely similar mountain landscape instead of modelling accurately the depth of the mountains surrounding the real track. Same thing with the trees. They are not 1:1 copies of their real counterparts but, at least to me, similar enough to pass first judgement. So enjoy the track as it is. Considering my restrained ressources without being able to fly to Fuji and gather all the material I'd need for a perfect track, I guess this one's a pretty good try. The most accurate thing about the track is the track surface and that's what counts foremost I guess.

rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Fuji%202007