Caterham v1.99 - totgesagte leben länger!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Caterham v1.99 - totgesagte leben länger!

Die Caterham-Mod war eine der ersten Mods für rFactor, wenn mich nicht alles täuscht und scheint sich in der Vergangenheit einer doch sehr großen Beliebtheit erfreut zu haben.
      Das witzige an der Sache ist, dass die Mod zuletzt 2008 in einer aktualisierten Version veröffentlicht wurde und nun fast vier Jahre später in einer fast-2.0-Version veröffentlicht wurde!
      Es ist die letzte Version, bevor sich ihre Macher an das Modding von rF2 wagen werden und sicher auch ihren Caterham portieren werden.

Hier ein Zitat von Cubits:
      A last hurrah for rFactor!

I've sat on these files for years (last public release was '08?! Sorry!), adamant that v2.0 would be released when we had a complete mod. Unfortunately, due to a lack of sound development it never came to be.

Instead we have this:

New sfx files try to make the best of what's available. Offset exhaust sound sits on the correct side as per the model, wind noise is now greatly increased when running without a windscreen, and the "valve bounce" sound indicating when you're well into the red zone is now more obvious. I like attention to detail.

All of the cars are updated to reflect the changeover from k-series engines to the ford sigma and duratec lumps. Also included is the sequential gearbox (with the actual weight penalty), and a rather extensive options list.

The physics have undergone another overhaul, now with realistically behaving water/oil/brake temps, better lift modelling (including the reduction in front-end lift), and general goodness all around (pop a tyre and your car actually drops).

Finally, the AI should put up a pretty good fight. I've always tried to do the best i could for offline racing, and these guys tend to have good pace and stability across most circuits.

NOTE: To install, first backup your custom skins! Then delete your existing gamedata/vehicles/caterham folder, and extract the v1.99 archive into your base rFactor folder. This will ensure there are no buggy file clashes or leftovers of the previous versions (since file names have changed).

I shall now be moving on to rF2, it promises great things for this little sportscar. Expect a v2.0 sooner rather than later! ;)

Und zuguterletzt noch der Download-Link!

Ich bin jedenfalls echt gespannt ob diese "alte" Mod noch genügend Feuer hat :D
      "Beim Beschleunigen müssen die Tränen der Ergriffenheit waagerecht zum Ohr hin abfließen." - Walter Röhrl