Kyle Busch - F1 Ambitionen mit Toyota

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Kyle Busch - F1 Ambitionen mit Toyota

NASCAR championship leader Kyle Busch has revealed that he is chasing a Formula 1 test with Toyota - and that he would be interested in a race drive in the future.

Busch took Toyota's first ever NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race win earlier this year, and currently leads the standings.

He told reporters at the Charlotte track in North Carolina that he was currently working to arrange a demonstration run in Toyota's F1 car in Japan at the end of the season.

"We're working on a test session right now at the end of November or beginning of December sometime - going to Japan and doing a little exhibition sort of deal and see what it's like," Busch was quoted as saying by speedtv.com.

When asked whether he wanted the test to lead to a race opportunity, Busch said he was open to offers.

"I wouldn't mind it," said the 23-year-old American.

"If I can do it and I'm good at it then I'll give it a shot and try it.

"We'll see how good I test, first.

"We'll see if my neck can withstand the g-forces of the braking and everything."

But Busch added that he thought the racing in F1 might be a little tame compared to NASCAR's side-by-side action.

"It seems as though there racing isn't all that great — they kind of get stuck in line and the aero takes over everything," he said.

In recent years the trend has been for single-seaters drivers to switch to NASCAR rather than the other way around, with Juan Pablo Montoya famously quitting F1 for the thriving American stock car series in mid-2006, and many American single-seaters stars following his example.

But four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon tested a Williams in 2003 in a promotional event at Indianapolis and impressed the F1 squad with how close he came to Montoya's times.

Quelle: itv.com

Also, DAS wäre mal was - Dann würde ich auch wieder F1 schauen. Für die Leute denen der Namen Kyle Busch nix sagt, ein junges Ausnahmetalent das zur Zeit den NASCAR Nextel Cup anführt. Der Junge hat nicht nur unverschämt viel Talent sondern ist auch ein echter (sympatischer) Rotzlöffel der kein Blatt vor den Mund nimmt und auch gerne mal die absoluten NASCAR Superstars aus dem Weg schiebt. Und die Spitznamen "Rowdy Busch" bzw. "Wild Thing" hat er auch nicht zu unrecht bekommen...

Unterm Strich also ein Charakter den die F1 seit Montoya nicht mehr erlebt hat, von daher absolut Wünschenswert. Das das was wird glaub ich jedoch nicht, der Jung passt einfach nicht in die saubere F1 Welt. Interesannterweise stammt Kyle aus Las Vegas.... der Stadt der ja schon lange ein F1 GP nachgesagt wird ;)

• Also Motorsport Aktuell kann man bei NASCAR Artikeln wirkich komplett vergessen. Erstens ist da schon wieder von "Tourenwagen" die Rede, zweitens hat Kyle Busch doch selbst gesagt das er sich auch vorstellen könnte F1 Rennen zu fahren (siehe Zitat oben).

Drittens reimt sich Herr Brunner da auf abenteuerliche Weise einiges zusammen. Jimmie ist sicherlich kein "GP Fan", er war lediglich einer der Fahrer der JPM's Wechsel begrüsst hatten. Daraus soetwas zu basteln um das angeblich tolle Image der F1 zu schönen ist schon arm.